The most thematic part of playing Through the Ages is that you have to literally dedicate the rest of the modern era to comprehending the rules of the game if you want to try to reap the benefits of, you know, actually playing. But it is no secret that we here at the RDG labs love Vlaada Chvátil and the depth of gameplay that he puts into a breadth of games. 2-4 players will enjoy building their civilization from the ground up to the stars on the backs of little yellow cubes.
After the (alleged) 2 hour play time, players may experience the following:
- Extreme practice of “Waste not, want not”
- Drafting of plans to 3D print a statue of Sid Meier in the vain of Colossus of Rhodes
- Erroneous beliefs on the upper limits of the human life span
- Life lived in constant regard to Mimetic Desire
- Renewed fascination in the Cold War