We all know that one person who has a green thumb – the propensity to grow and sustain flowers, fruits, vegetables, trees, and basically any plant life possible. Then there are those of us who can’t keep succulents alive… Photosynthesis is a board game which lets players live out their arborist fantasies. Published by @BlueOrangeGames, 2-4 players strategically plant and grow trees to maximize light points while keeping their opponents in the shadows.
After going out on a limb, players may experience the following:
- An urge to water your fake plants
- Wanting to name that dead oak tree in your local park
- The desire to sunbathe in the sunniest locations
- Jealousy of your neighbor’s superior porch plants
Need more? Check out the definitive list of food, drink, and music to feature while playing Photosynthesis.
- Nice, cold, naturally-filtered, spring water
- Vitamin D supplements
- RoundUp (sprayed a safe distance around the plate)
- Compost and Dirt
- 2 oz of Woodford Reserve bourbon
- .5 oz of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- .5 oz of fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 oz of hot Maple syrup
Add all ingredients to a shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon wheel or orange wheel depending on what type of orchard you decided on.
RDG’s Photosynthesis Playlist will provide you all of the audio you need to provide your friends with a fully immersive plant themed atmosphere to play Photosynthesis in!
Feel like you need more before your next game?
Movies and TV to Watch
Other Games to Play