You’ve probably stayed up late at night wondering, “Is there a board game out there that will allow me to experience the joy mech battle while managing a farm with early 1920’s machinery?” Well, it’s to get some well needed rest buddy, because Scythe has got you covered. Scythe is a competitive, area-control based game with heavy emphasis on resource cultivation and management. Published by Stonemaier Games, during the average Scythe playthrough 2-5 players will generally spend approximately 2 hours constantly regretting their choice in starting faction and fighting over an abandoned factory precariously positioned in the center of the map. Players can additionally expect the following:
- A sudden desire to re-download this bad boy.
- The willing suppression of any historical inaccuracies and anachronisms.
- A greater appreciation of yodeling skills.
- THE NEED TO BE POPULAR
- The realization that true peace can only be achieved through strength.
Of course, it wouldn’t be ThemeAddict if we didn’t recommend some delicious food to help you bring the game to life. Below you’ll find a list of RDG approved hors d’oeuvres.
- Bags of grain. Gluten allergies be damned.
- Bison Burgers
- Straight up Bear Meat
- Wolf sausages
- EAT YOUR ANIMAL REPRESENTATIVE! DON’T ASK QUESTIONS JUST DO IT!
Feel like you need more before your next game?
Movies and TV to Watch
Other Games to Play