Magic Maze is a real-time cooperative tile-reveal escape game for 1-8 players where four warriors: a mage, a warrior, an elf, and a dwarf are forced to rob the local Magic Maze shopping mall for supplies and weapons. Designed by Kasper Lapp, players can expect to spend 15 minutes navigating the tiles, grabbing their weapons, and making a hasty escape (all while being completely silent!).
Players may experience the following:
- Eyeball strain from staring intensely at teammates to complete an action
- A tendency to use anything (phones, beer bottles, remote controllers) to tap in front of a teammate to gain their attention
- Perceiving all muffled noises and grunts as attempts to communicate
- Intense panic when watching sand timers drain
- Extreme resentment at having to hand over your ability to move up escalators
We here at Rough Draft Games have traveled to 30 shopping malls around the country (well technically just 4 because the other 26 were abandoned) to curate a list of the best foods to eat during this game of consumerist mazes.
- Cheese … Obviously
- Auntie Anne’s Pretzels and Orange Julius
- Pretty much anything found in a mall food court…
- Lembas Bread (If you’re playing as the elf)
- Doritos and Mountain Dew for that DnD feel…
Music: RDG’s Magic Maze Playlist
Feel like you need more before your next game?
Movies and TV to Watch
- Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey (Specifically THIS scene)
- Paul Blart Mall Cop
Other Games to Play