Is there anything spookier than your best friend turning into a tentacle monster and
fulfilling your sexual desires chasing you around a haunted mansion? Betrayal at the House on the Hill is a semi-cooperative, secret traitor game for 3-6 players that lasts about 60 minutes. Players will explore a haunted house, encounter ghouls, and try to discover the traitor in their party. Published by Avalon Hill, players can expect to be totally enthralled by the fantasy theme and terrifyingly unique story that builds up from game to game. After perishing at the hands of your friends, players can expect the following:
- Insistence that you don’t need to go to the local haunted house with anyone else; you can handle it by yourself. And maybe you’ll take a shower in there for good measure, who knows?
- Slight confusion upon entering a building for the second time and the layout is the same as you remember…
- Commonly repeating “Garrett? Is that you? Who’s there?”
- Belief that every time you lose a sock in the laundry room you find that you find that old family
- Certainty that the next minor inconvenience you face will send you into insanity, and ultimately death.
- Candy Corn
- Chocolate bats
- Chocolate bat guano
- Pile of wet spaghetti served out of direct eyesight with a false label declaring “intestines.”
- “I get three lousy days of custody a month… Doesn’t matter! Time for Dad to show his kids that he can make Halloween just as fun as Mom can!”
Feel like you need more before your next game?
Movies and TV to Watch
Other Games to Play