Pandemic is and Cooperative, Action Point Allowance game set on modern earth where 4 different diseases are rapidly spreading across the world despite global efforts. Published by Z-man Games, players can expect to be immersed in their roles of disease-fighting authorities, only to be stretched all to thin when the inevitable epidemics occur. After the 45 minute playtime, players may experience the following:
- Paranoid hand-washing after handling of boxes, dice, and especially Rubik’s cubes
- Extreme indecision when purchasing round trip airline tickets
- Self-imposed limit of 4 items on a to-do list at a time
- Impressive, albeit narrow, knowledge on world demographics (sans correct pronunciation)
- Autocratic analysis and decision-making on problems involving public health and safety
And of course, when you’re playing games centered around airborne pathogens, you need some shareable snacks that everyone is digging their grubby hands into. Here’s the RDG official list of approved snacks and music to enhance your game night.
- Grilled chicken breast cooked to an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit
- Pasteurized milk
- Grapes, freshly rinsed under running water
- Frozen pizza (thawed safely in the microwave or refrigerator)
- Vitamin C tablets
* Please wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water before, during, and after preparing food and before eating.
Music: RDG’s Pandemic Playlist
Feel like you need more before your next game?
Movies and TV to Watch
Other Games to Play